About Me

My photo
St. Johns, Florida, United States
You have to know me to love me. I am an Alaskan Native (Aleut) from Bristol Bay, Alaska where I grew up commercial fishing for salmon. I have three amazing children who I would give my life for, no questions asked. Joe is my husband ~ wouldn't trade him for anything! We belong to a furry little dog named Buster, he loves me the most because I give him treats (chips) and snuggle with him when no one else is looking.

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Thing 20

Books 2.0 ~ All of the linked sites are very interesting, I could spend hours and hours browsing... my favorite is Bookstumpers, what a fun site! You can just type in your search words and it gives a good list of books that contain that specific text. I typed in some random passages from books I've read and couldn't remember the titles and tada, my title was listed, it came back once I saw the title and author. Lately, in the public library I've noticed that more and more people are checking out audiobooks & downloading electronic books instead of the regular written copy. While out and about in the community I've also seen people reading their Kindle, they have sung it's praises but don't like the fact that you have to buy your books, you can't just "check them out" like you do in a public library, if you're a voracious reader it could get quite spendy.

1 comment:

States I've been to...

The states that I've actually visited are in blue. My goal is to visit all 50 states before my expiration date!