About Me

My photo
St. Johns, Florida, United States
You have to know me to love me. I am an Alaskan Native (Aleut) from Bristol Bay, Alaska where I grew up commercial fishing for salmon. I have three amazing children who I would give my life for, no questions asked. Joe is my husband ~ wouldn't trade him for anything! We belong to a furry little dog named Buster, he loves me the most because I give him treats (chips) and snuggle with him when no one else is looking.

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Thing 11

Social Media ~ I surfed around a bit, took a peek at some of the most popular stories on all four of the sites suggested, Mixx, Digg, Reddit, and Newsvine. I found the articles to be a bit too random and not what I consider "newsworthy." Again, it may just be a matter of opinion and preferences. When reading the news I usually read the local area articles, so it was nice that there was a tab on all the sites that made it a lot easier. I don't think I would use any of the sites at home or at work, again, a matter of preference.

1 comment:

  1. I share your idea on this Thing.. personal preference to the sources of information. It's great to explore these Things so we can judge them based on that and not just because of the concept. Keep it up! You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete

States I've been to...

The states that I've actually visited are in blue. My goal is to visit all 50 states before my expiration date!